If you ask someone what their favourite quotes are you can learn a lot about them providing that they tell you. Also, quotes are beautiful things and I wish to share with you my top 5 favourite quotes. No reason, in particular, other than I am a big fan of a good quote. I could literally spend hours and hours just looking at quotes that I can find on the internet. Anyway enough rambling and onto the post.
Top 5 Favourite Quotes:
- I remember when I first saw this quote. It was quite a while ago and I was strolling around my kitchen (as you do) and I came across this written down in a notebook and I thought hey I like that. That has stuck in my head years now and I just love it. It has inspired me to make my life something that I can look back on and smile at. It is also kinda catchy and easy to remember. Which is probably another reason I like it.
- This one I feel is similar to the last one but I just really like it. It makes me think about things in perspective which sometimes isn’t the best idea but it accidently happens. It makes me realise I will never live another day in 2015 (unless of course time travel is invented). That today (no matter how hard I try) will never be exactly the same as any other day. Every single day is unique and you should try and make it as good as possible. You don’t know how many days you have left to live and if you didn’t make every single day count you will probably end up regretting it in the long run. In life, I have found that I am always wishing that in the times where I didn’t put in 100% that I did. I am constantly thinking that I could have tried slightly harder and that annoys me. The fact that I know now that I could have tried harder really irritates me. Which is why I keep this quote in mind when I am just about to give up because I know that that moment will haunt me forever if I do give up.
- This one I really like. It helps me get through dark times and just fills me with hope. I don’t really know how to explain this one. It is correct of course…stars can’t shine without darkness and in my head, I have a perfect explanation of this but the words won’t escape in understandable sentences (trust me I tried) so you may need to either work it out yourself or go to the comments and see if anyone has put it into words down there. If someone has go thank them. Basically from whatever the explanation in my head is it makes me really like this quote for some reason. I think in my head I see all humans as stars and that we can’t get to where we want to be without going through some dark times. If we are going through a dark time we should all remember that there is a light at the ned of the tunnel even if you can’t see it quite yet and that you can make it if you try. Nothing should ever bring you down permanently. I’m not saying that you should try to be happy all the time because that isn’t humanly possible…yet. What I am trying to say is that things will get better and you just need to look on the bright side of life. Always look on the bright side of life. For example lets say you read a chainmail and now some psycho is going to be coming inside your room tonight with intentions to murder you. Instead of getting really scared and worked up about it simply look on the bright side. If someone is going to be coming into your room tonight that means all you need to do is make sure the window is locked and you have placed some legos strategically around the door. When they enter your room through the door they will stand on the legos and probably end up cursing quite a bit. This will wake you up. Then use expert persuasion skills to persuade the psycho to not kill you (preparing note cards may be necessary for this). After you have explained your point and pretty much convinced the person not to kill you-you should then proceed to make the person question their existence (again preparation may be needed…if you are stuck for ideas ask things like “Why are we here?” and “Why are humans named humans?”). Then the psycho will walk out of your room feeling incredibly enlightened and with no clue why or how they got here. If you don’t feel like doing much persuading and existence questioning or you just can’t be bothered to prepare for it just go ahead and make friends with the person. Ask them how their day has been and what they get up to in their spare time. Make the person emotionally attached to you and then there is a much lower chance they will kill you and you would have made a new friend which is always good. Also if you are asleep when they enter the room then the person will just be there like “oh dear it’s asleep damn it”. The whole purpose of a chainmail is to keep you up all night with fear and if you are sleeping it shows that you aren’t scared of whatever is going to be coming into your room that night. Also, it would make a pretty rubbish story if a psycho did kill you in your sleep. “Oi John, did you kill that boy that read your chainmail?” “Yeah I did mate” “Nice one!! What were their final words?” “Ummm they didn’t really say much” “Wait what were they that scared?” “Not exactly…” “Wait wait wait you are telling me they were asleep?” “Uh yeah kinda” “Hahaha come over here guys John can’t even scare a little boy enough to make the poor person stay awake hahaha” *loads of people come and start laughing hysterically and pointing at John* *John feels incredibly embarrassed*. Not many people would like to go through that so if you are asleep chances are you won’t get killed by a chainmail killer. If they didn’t kill you the conversation would go more like this. “Oi John, did you kill that boy who read your chainmail?” “Nah mate he was asleep” “Sorry to hear that mate. At least you didn’t kill him that would have been soooooo embarrassing” “Thanks for the support Paul you are a real friend mate” “Your welcome mate”. So it is probably in your best interest to stay asleep. Nobody wants to be John in the first scene. Anyway, I have rambled on about this one wayyy to much.
- This one I like because it reminds me that even if I having a bad day I can still try and make someone else’s better. It might just be a small appreciative smile when they walk by or I could do something a whole lot bigger. However, just because you are having a bad day doesn’t mean that everybody around you has to have a bad day as well. Spread positive thoughts and gestures around generously and eveyone will think much better of you and it will help you if you are having a bad day as well. Making someone else smile is a surefire way to make yourself smile as well. Which also makes it another way to brighten your day whilst brightening other people’s. Also, I really like rainbows.
- Sometimes silence speaks more than words could ever do. In that situation do not break the silence. Do not fill it with words just because you are slightly frightened of it. Do not be afraid of the silence. In most cases, you speak more when you aren’t actually talking. Empty words to fill empty holes is not how it should be. This is also how I feel when I don’t write in a while. I would rather not write and produce nothing than produce something that is forced and meaningless. If that means no posts for weeks on end then that’s what it means. However, I get inspired pretty regularly so I don’t think that will be a problem anytime soon.
Anyway, that is it for this post. Please leave your thoughts in the comments below as I would love to hear from you people.
Thank you so much for reading and I genuinely hope you are having a wonderful day/night. If you aren’t then I want you to know that you are amazing and shouldn’t have to change anything about yourself for anybody because you are perfect just the way you are.