This is the first official post of 2018 and I couldn’t be more excited. That’s a lie. I could be more excited but that’s not the point. The point is that an entire year has just passed and it has passed ridiculously quickly. This blog is now nearing its 2 year anniversary which is crazy. To think that I have committed to something for that long is an achievement in itself.
To wrap up 2017 me and Xanthe (they changed their name again – I’m sorry) have decided to share our favourite songs from then. Not all the songs came out in 2017, they are simply songs that we enjoyed in 2017. All credit to the respective artists as we do not own any of these songs. There is an actual list if you scroll down far enough. I’m not going to force you to read all my bad writing.
To start this off, Ed Sheeran released his new album Divide in March and to say I was listening to it 24/7 would be an understatement. I have the songs practically ingrained into my head. The ones I listened to the most out of the album were definitely New Man and Galway girl. However, my obsession with Ed Sheeran songs did not end there. Nope. According to Spotify I also listened to Don’t by Ed Sheeran a lot as well in 2017. As far as I can remember I did listen to other songs by him but those three are my absolute favourites.
About halfway through the year, I made the decision to finally listen to Fall Out Boy. After seeing them all over Tumblr and Pinterest I found one of their albums on Spotify and needless to say I was hooked. I’m listening to one of their songs now. Death Valley. My life wouldn’t be the same without these songs. They have made me grow as a person. Or not. They do give me the motivation to actually get out of bed in the morning and face the world and after listening to them I feel like I could take on anything. Rounding up my favourites was very hard and I am sorry if I left out one you really like but my top three would be I Don’t Care, Novocaine and My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark.
Before listening to Fall Out Boy I accidentally listened to a song by Panic! At The Disco and that may or may not have been the best/worst thing I have ever done. I now can’t stop listening and it’s becoming a problem.
Here’s the actual list that is in no specific order:
- Death of a Bachelor album – Panic! At The Disco
- Believer – Imagine Dragons
- Drugs and Candy – All Time Low
- Plot Twist – Sigrid
- Night and Day album – The Vamps
- New Hope Club in general
- New Man – Ed Sheeran
- I Don’t Care – Fall Out Boy
- Miss Jackson (feat. LOLO) – Panic! At The Disco
- Whatever It Takes – Imagine Dragons
- Dear Maria, Count Me In – All Time Low
- Gold – Kiiara
- Oh Cecilia (Breaking My Heart) – The Vamps
- Forest – Twenty One Pilots
- Renegades – X ambassadors
- Galway Girl – Ed Sheeran
- Novocaine – Fall Out Boy
- That’s What I Like – Bruno Mars
- Somebody to you – The Vamps
- This is Gospel – Panic! At The Disco
- Don’t – Ed Sheeran
- My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark – Fall Out Boy
- Don’t Threaten Me With A Good Time – Panic! At The Disco
- Ultralife – Oh Wonder
- Risk It All – The Vamps
- Angel – Theory Of A Dead Man
- We Don’t Have To Dance – Andy Black
- Explode – Patrick Stump
- Partners In Crime – Set It Off
- There’s Nothing Holding Me Back – Shawn Mendes
That is it right there folks. That is mine and Xanthe’s favourite songs that we listened to in 2017. If you have the time please feel free to comment your favourite song from 2017 down below. I’m always looking for new songs and artists to listen to and would very much enjoy hearing your recommendations.
Happy New Year and let’s hope that 2018 can be at least slightly okay. As always thank you so much for reading this and I hope you have a lovely day/night.