Most of us have things that we regret doing. I’m not entirely sure what has compelled me to share this list with the world but here we are. If I ever become rich and famous, I’ll probably regret this post as well. Another thing to add to the ever-growing list of weird decisions I have made. As you might have gathered from the title I am sharing my top 5 stupid things that I did in 2017. Given my life choices, it was hard to narrow this down to just 5 as there was so many to choose from.
- To kick things off I sprained my ankle. That in itself is not very stupid but me being me made it stupid. I had challenged a friend to a race because I am mature and also naïve as I couldn’t possibly see this going wrong. We had gotten to some stairs and instead of going down them slightly slower I flat out sprinted at them. Turns out this wasn’t a good idea. I ended up launching myself down about 5 steps (which luckily was the bottom of the staircase). All was well until I landed. All would have been fine as I had landed on my feet and all I would’ve been left with was a scrape on my knee (I kind of crashed on my knee as well). Then my ankle had to give way and all hell broke loose. Suddenly, pain. And that’s the story of how I sprained my ankle. I still find it hilarious.
- This next one is the memory of the time I tripped over a hurdle. By tripped over a hurdle I mean that the hurdles were too close together so after I got over the first one there wasn’t enough time to get all the strength back in my legs before I was jumping again. So, I jumped. Which was a bad idea. I got over the actual hurdle but had no strength to land so I kind of just fell to the floor. It would’ve painful if it wasn’t really cold so the cold just numbed my knee and I couldn’t really feel anything.
- These next few I haven’t actually hurt myself. This one is in loving memory of the time I went around dancing with a unicorn mask on. A full-on unicorn mask. This was seen by multiple strangers and they appeared to be laughing but they were quite far away so I’m not 100% sure.
- I can’t remember the full details of this one like why I would do this or what I named it but this is about my banana friend. I don’t know where I found a banana or why I named it and subsequently became emotionally attached to it but it happened. What worries me most about this entire experience though is that none of my friends questioned this and instead fully accepted and went along with this. Some even went to the extremes of making beautiful collages for our 3- day anniversary (I ended up “dating” my banana friend).
- Then there was that time when I went through a phase of writing random words on sequin things. You know the ones that you get in Primark. The ones with the sequins and you can brush the sequins up or down to either reveal pictures or to change the colours. Well, I went around and wrote various words on them. I hope it might have brightened someone’s day to turn a corner and see a pillow displaying the message “clock” but then again it probably didn’t because the word “clock” isn’t exactly the most awe-inspiring word I could’ve used.
So there is 5 things that I did in 2017 and the only things I will remember about then. Thank you so much for reading this post and I hope you have a good day/night.